with José de Groot
Discover the healing effects of Yin yoga, by stimulating specific meridians.
Fall is coming! How do we connect back to ourselves, to generate a gradual and healthy transition to the coming darker season?
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Autumn is the energy of Metal, a time of letting go of what’s not needed to make space for something new. It’s an excellent moment to nourish yourself and to strengthen your immune system, especially the digestive and respiratory system.
What to expect
This masterclass is related to the seasonal element Metal of TCM. In this session José will help you deepen your understanding of Yin Yoga.
Starting with theory on the Metal element, we will then follow by meditation, pranayama and a long Yin Yoga practice focusing on asanas which stimulate the Qi flow in the Lung and Large Intestine – the organs connected to this element, to restore your immune system, improve the bowl movement and your lung capacity, and harmonize out-of-balance emotions, such as grief and sadness.
You’ll stay 5 to 10 minutes in the poses in order to increase the healing effect on the physical, mental and emotional level. Physically you will open up and twist your chest, enhance the flexibility of your arms and upper back, and you will release tension that you hold in your shoulders and neck. Likewise, you will get the opportunity to pay attention to the tightest areas of the body, to be able to balance the left and right sides.
The poses can trigger intense effects, and if this occurs, José will be there to guide you, enabling you to get to the core of whatever may appear, and providing greater insight into your entire being. The practice will finish with the energetic effects of a well-deserved, extended period of relaxation. The Masterclass will conclude with meditation and pranayama, allowing anything that may have come up to settle without judgement.
Let go of what has been, to create space for new things to come into your life.
This Masterclass is open to all Yin Yogis and yoginis, who are looking for relaxation, introspection and a deep opening from head to toe.
Not recommended for pregnant women, due to longer held poses. But if you are pregnant and really want to join this class, then please contact me
What to bring
- Your own yoga mat and a blanket (for relaxation).
- Some easy-to-carry props such as: blanket, blocks, a belt and a pillow or bolster. Consider what you may need during your Yin yoga practice.
- Yin Yoga is a passive form of yoga where we don’t generate much heat through asanas. So keep yourself warm and comfortable, wear layers, warm socks and if you get cold easily you might want to bring a blanket with you.
- Bring a fluid-container that you can close. Open containers with fluids are not allowed in the yogaroom.
Check out all upcoming masterclasses here.
* Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
Depending on the participating students, the Master class will be given in English or Dutch.
Information & Registration
Full payment is required to ensure your place.
If you want to register or require more information, contact us
Location & How to get there
School voor Tai Chi Chuan Utrecht
M.P. Lindostraat 4
3532 XE Utrecht
(Note: The location is NOT at the LINDENSTRAAT!!)
- By train?
From NS-station Utrecht Centraal take exit: Jaarbeurszijde from here it is a 14 minute walk (click on link for direction specification) via Croeselaan en Damstraat.
- By car?
- Public paid parking:
Monday through Saturday 09.00-23.00h paid parking in front of the venue and neighbourhood € 3,47 per hour, maximum rate €28,- per day.Only on Sundays: Free parking in front of the venue and neighbourhood.
– Parking garage Kop Van Lombok (click on link for direction specification), 4 minute walk, €2,54 per hour and maximum rate €12,50 per day (this is the best option)
– Parkeerterrein Jaarbeurs P1 (click on link for direction specification), entrance Graadt van Roggenweg, 11 minute walk, maximum rate €14,- per day.
- Free parking:
If you don t want to pay for parking you can choose to walk 20 minutes and park your car somewhere behind the crossroads Spinozaweg & Vleutenseweg. Walk towards the studio along the Vleutenseweg.
- More information about parking-options via: www.utrecht.nl/parkeren/
- Public paid parking: