with Jose de Groot
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified Yin Yoga and Anatomy Teacher Training is based on the teachings of Paul Grilley. This training is a practical and in-depth program to deepen your Yin yoga practice, handing you tools to practically use your knowledge of (energetic) anatomy to learn how to give creative and safe Yin yoga lessons.
Master the practical applicability of (energetic) anatomy to personalise the yin practice, broaden your understanding of Yin yoga (both physically, energetically and emotionally), help you to find your voice, your confidence and learn how to share your love of Yin yoga! Completing José’s program gives you the opportunity to teach, adjust and practice Yin yoga in personalized, safe and inspiring way.
From day one José will guide you in deepening your practice and encourages your skills to become a confident and creative teacher. To become a source of inspiration begins with your own personal yoga practice, both on and off the mat. Yoga is not just physical, but a practice of the heart, mind and spirit. Be prepared to discover your mental and physical tendencies through this journey.
José offers the 200 hours Yin & Anatomy Teacher Training spread out over 16 to 19 months. After the first 100 hours, you will have 4 months to practice and apply what you have learned in the first half of the training, in order to prepare for the second half of the training. Taking time to complete this training will ensure you to get enough practice time in teaching, adjusting and making the teachings your own.
Let’s discover together the healing benefits of Yin yoga!
Suitability & requirements
The training is open to everyone.
José requires that you have a minimum of 6 months of a significant exposure to yin yoga before enrolling in this teacher-training program. If you have less experience or practice, then please contact us. We would like to make sure that trainees have a good basic foundation in practicing Yin yoga postures before learning how to teach.
Online classes are not included, unless there is no other option
More in depth information on course structure
Learn more about what you can expect on my Teacher Training Page including:
- What you’ll learn
- Course structure
- Suitability and requirements
- Homework and self study
Dates & Schedule
First half of the training 2019 (100 hours):
- 7 Days: 17th till 24th of August 2019: 9:30 – 17:00 (Sat-Sat) (Wed 21st of August free)
- 4 Days: 14th till 17th of November 2019: 9:30 – 17:00 (Thurs-Sun)
- 3 Days: 13th till 15th of March 2020: 9:30 – 17:00 (Fri-Sun)
Second half of the 2020 (100 hours):
- 7 Days : 15th till 22nd of August 2020: 9:30 – 17:00 (Sat-Sat) (Wed 19th of August free)
- 4 Days: 12th till 15th of November 2020: 9:30 – 17:00 (Thurs-Sun)
- 3 Days: 19th till 21st of February 2021: 9:30 – 17:00 (Fri-Sun)
José offers sufficient contact training hours and asks serious commitment from students. Upon successful completion of the program, you can register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 200 (internationally recognised Yoga Teacher certificate).
Deposit: € 500, – (this amount will be deducted from the EARLY BIRD price or the normal price)
Early Bird Price: € 2.195, – (registration and payment until April 17th 2019)
Regular Price: € 2.395, – (registration and payment after April 17th 2019 & before July 1st 2019)
Things to note:
- There are also payment plans – see application form
- There are 30 places available! The training proceeds with a minimum of 15 people.
- Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
- The price includes all the course dates, two manuals, evaluations and observations in classes.
- The price excludes the cost of the books, travel, lunch & Ekhart Yoga subscription (optional).
- As mentioned, you will need to purchase the additional required books and dvd’s for this training. All learning material and books are in English.
The reader is in English. The course will be taught in Spanish