Let your inner journey become your wisdom to share
A NEW Yin Yoga RETREAT teacher training with a unique 2-day reiki module & 5-day module on The Work (a form of Inquiry-Based Stress Reduction) 300+ hours | 33 contact days | yoga alliance certified
EXPLORE YOUR UNIQUENESS IN COMPLETE SURRENDER
This transformative Yin Yoga RETREAT teacher training invites you to play, explore and tune in from a place of curiosity and your own unique perspective. The unique setting of the Venwoude Retreat Centre, located in the middle of the woods in the Netherlands, provides you with an opportunity to learn, integrate and transform in a relaxed setting.
Let go of your day to day life and allow your focus to embody the rich teachings of this training.
The natural surroundings and relaxed atmosphere of this RETREAT will aid you to fully embrace Functional Anatomy, Yin yoga philosophy, Meridian theory, Meditation, Pranayama and Yin yoga Asanas as well as learning to adapt poses within physical and emotional boundaries. Combining our holistic yoga approach with personal development (The Work created by Byron Katie) and energy work (Chi stimulation and Reiki), we will support you as you dive deep inside and connect with your heart and inner wisdom to dissolve blockages and trigger transformations.
ALL ABOUT THIS TRAINING
Retreat Style Training
Unique Learning Experience
This is the first time the training is given in RETREAT form. This unique setting allows you to turn inwards and transform without distraction from the outside world.
Relax and absorb all the teachings at the stunning Venwoude Retreat Center, backed by forest and delicious vegetarian food. The unique RETREAT setting gives you extra time and space to fully integrate all teachings, to enter into your own process without distraction and to transform. Outside the training program you can retire to your room for a power nap, or take a walk in the forest, or if you want to practice some more make use of the practice room. Your dedicated team of teachers will also stay on site, to fully support your process.
Are you ready to step out of your everyday life and into your own wonderful life?
Holistic Yoga Approach
Yin Yoga, Functional Anatomy & Eastern Philosophies with José de Groot
The foundation of this training is the holistic approach in which Asana, Functional Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy and Eastern Health theories (5 elements, chi and meridians) of the human body are combined. This will bring greater understanding and connection with yourself and consequently will empower you to practice and teach healing beneficial, safe and personalized Yin yoga classes.
You will learn about: bones, movements, joints, muscles, fascia, organ functions, meridian pathways, chi, Taoism, Yoga Sutras, Meridian Theory and 5 Elements Theory in a practical and playful way, using the power of repetition and the sensitivity of all of our senses. This will help you to understand your own constitution and how to restore physical, emotional and mental imbalance with yoga poses, meditation, pranayama and lifestyle.
Explore 35 Yin poses of the upper and lower body and learn to analyze the individual possibilities, impossibilities and needs of your students, in order to offer personalized adjustments and suggestions, and teach functionally (focusing on feeling and experiencing the pose), rather than aesthetically (focusing on how the pose ‘should be’ performed).
The Work with Jasmijn Koelink
A first for YogaTreat trainings, Jasmijn will be introducing The Work to focus on personal inner work and freedom. With a deep connection with yourself, you can teach in an authentic & empowering way. This requires work and a willingness to move inwards: enhancing knowledge about yourself: knowing who you are, what you believe and what you want or need. The Work supports and guides you in this process. Question your thinking patterns and defense mechanisms step by step, in a structured way, to find your own truth and notice how your ego-mind is keeping you away from your authentic self. From this connection, you will think and act from a place of clarity, inner peace, and deep trust.
“Your most intimate relationship is the relationship with your thoughts” ~ Byron Katie, founder of The Work
Over 5 days you will learn the basics of The Work and you will deepen the process of self-realization. Learn how to live and apply insights gained into your daily life and teachings. Different exercises will be given to support you with possibilities to practice The Work in between the training days. We invite you to experience for yourself this simple, immediately applicable, and deeply personal work. Access your own inner wisdom, strengthen your personal leadership skills, feel more balanced and present in the moment and find a way to deal with (internal) conflicts. Discover that deep trust, inner peace, and intuition are always available to you and not dependent on other people’s wisdom.
Reiki with Jordi Ibern
This RETREAT Training is enriched with a two day Reiki module offered by Jordi Ibern, who will initiate you into Reiki and teach you how to apply Reiki to yourself and others. Reiki is an integrally spiritual practice that is rooted in Buddhism, Shintoism and Taoism, and is largely based on the transmission of Chi (vital energy) conducted through the hands and in meditation. A Regular Reiki practice helps to bring personal realisation and spiritual satisfaction, which gives a special touch to your own practice.
You’ll also discover the special touch it can give to your future students using the unique transformative combination of a Yin Yoga & Reiki practice. These two meditative and spiritual practices combined enhances the deep healing effects of the asanas, promotes well-being and encourages inner growth. Jordi and José have combined Reiki & Yin Yoga since 2007, and together they have offered hundreds of classes, workshops and retreats. Yin Yoga is the perfect Yoga practice to be combined with the gentle touch of Reiki.
Yoga goes beyond the physical practice alone, it is a connection with your heart, mind and soul.
- Asana: You’ll learn 35 Yin asanas and their healing effects on the body (physical, mental, emotional and energetic). You’ll learn how to practice yoga poses functionally and safely.
- Anatomy & Eastern (yoga) philosophies on health and Life: Study & integrate functional anatomy, yoga philosophy and Eastern health theories. Study the anatomical and physiological facets of our body (bones, muscles, fascia, joints, organ functions etc.) AND the principles of Eastern philosophies on energy, health and life (e.g. Taoism, Meridian theory, Chi, 5 elements theory, Yoga Sutras)
- Intelligently sequence and teach safe, personalised, creative and inspiring yoga classes: The RETREAT training covers a total of 33 training days in person in which you will learn how to create a high-quality ánd personal yoga class in an in person as well as an online environment.
- Exploring the layers and self-healing abilities of your unique body: The Eastern philosophies on energy, health and life, help you to understand universe, nature and your constitution and how to restore physical, emotional and mental imbalance through yoga poses, meditation, pranayama, The Work, Reiki and lifestyle.
- Adjusting in a personalised & functional way: Learn how to effectively use props and give personal adjustments to your students with your knowledge of the human body (skeletal variation) and holistic view on movement and energy.
- Pranayama techniques: During the training you will learn how to guide yourself and others in the pranayama and orbiting energies practices and adjust the intensity to a level that is most beneficial at that moment.
- Becoming an authentic and empowered teacher: Under the guidance of Jasmijn Koelink using The Work of Byron Katie ©, you’ll become familiar with this simple and unique method of self-realisation and how to apply this inner work while teaching a yin yoga class to others.
- Mastering the art of being present: Through meditation and mindfulness you learn to be comfortably and calmly present in the moment, to observe without action or reaction from a nonjudgmental state of mind.
Is This You?
Because of the great understanding of the human body (anatomy and skeletal variations) and the healing energetic aspects (meridian and 5 elemental theory) of Yin yoga that you gain, this RETREAT Teacher Training 300 hours is especially relevant for those who:
- like to deepen their own yoga practice and/or give authentic and empowering yoga classes in the future.
- enhance your overall wellbeing.
- exercise injury-free, which is relevant beyond the scope of yoga (e.g. for runners, triathlon practitioners or fitness).
- are looking for spiritual and personal development and are ready to step into their own power.
- want to become a yoga teacher.
- are yoga teachers and want to increase their teaching skills and professional potential.
Experience with the Yin yoga practice is required. You don’t have to be an advanced practitioner, but you certainly have a good basis. This means:
- You have at least 6 months of experience in practicing Yin yoga.
- You have to be physically able to attend a 60 or 90 minute Yin asana class given on each contact day of the RETREAT teacher training.
- You can read and learn in English. Homework and practical assignments can be completed in Dutch, English or even Spanish. The theory exam is multiple choice and is taken in English.
Are you questioning if your Yin experience is sufficient? Please contact José and together you can discuss options on how to get enough experience to start the RETREAT training.
The 300-hour Yin Anatomy & Meridian RETREAT Teacher Training is divided into two parts spread out over 12 months.
Part 1 – Discover Your Body
- 9 Retreat Days: 28 January till 5 Februari 2023
- 4 Retreat Days: 30 March till 2 April 2023
- 1 Hour Zoom session: 9 May 2023
- 2 Retreat Days: 17 & 18 June 2023
- 10 Minutes Personal Feedback Session via Zoom: to be planned in week 25 2023 with José or Jasmijn
- Mentor group sessions via Zoom
Part 2 – Get Into Your Core
- 9 Retreat Days: 26 August till 3 September 2023
- 4 Retreat Days: 2 till 5 November 2023
- 1 Hour Zoom session: 14 November 2023
- 2 Retreat Days: 16 till 17 December 2023
- 3 Retreat Days: 25 till 27 January 2024
- 10 Minutes Personal Feedback Session via Zoom: to be planned in week 5 2024 with José or Jasmijn
- Mentor group sessions via Zoom
Deposit: € 500, – (non refundable)
Early Bird Price: €3966,- (NO VAT) subscription no later than 1st of September 2022
Early Bird Payment Plan available!
Regular Price: €4366,- (NO VAT) subscription after 1st of September 2022
Regular Price Payment Plan available!
- You will be asked for your €500 deposit or make your full or partial payment.
- Payment plans are available upon request
- Including food and drinks on location, two exclusive manuals, all 33 training days and online sessions, evaluations and observations in classes.
- Excluding costs of traveling, lodging at the RETREAT, required material and (optional) Ekhart Yoga subscription.
- After payment of your deposit, you will receive the welcome packet with the reading list and your first assignments you can start with, to prepare for the training.
Enrolment is limited, therefore it’s recommended to apply as soon as you know this is for you. If fully booked you’ll be placed on the waiting list. Once you apply, you’ll receive a confirmation email within approximately one week.