with José de Groot
Practice, deepen and improve your Yin Yoga adjusting skills and knowledge of how to use props for the upper body Yin yoga poses with this workshop!
During this practical weekend you will have intensive practice of adjusting and using props for the 15 upper body Yin yoga poses.
The weekend’s objective is to deepen and repeat the functions and accompanying cues of the upper body Yin yoga poses with their anatomical principles. Why is this so essential? The cues, principles and functions form the basis for teaching Yin yoga classes, and for providing personalised and creative adjustments for your current and/or future students; whose physical abilities will be individual and varied.
On Friday night we will revise and repeat the theoretical anatomical principles and concepts (upper body muscles, joints and movements), finishing with a one-hour Yin yoga practice, leaving you well-prepared for the practical weekend ahead. Saturday and Sunday will begin with a one-hour Yin yoga practice, to start your day in a Yin manner, and to recognise the functional descriptions and adjustments of the poses. After a short break we will look at adjustments and prop usage for the 15 upper body Yin yoga poses, both individually as well as in small groups.
- Students who have already done the Yin Yoga Adjustments workshop part 1.
- Former Students who would like to further improve and repeat their adjustment skills of the 15 upper body yin poses, as was taught in the second half of the Teacher Training and in the 50-hour or 100-hour Anatomy & Yin Yoga Teacher Training Part 2 with José.
- Yin yoga teachers, who have done their teacher training elsewhere.
- Regular Yin yoga practitioners, who like to gain more insight in how to adjust the poses making their practice more personalised.
Workshop attendees who have not done the Yin Yoga Adjustments Workshop part 1 or the Anatomy & Yin Yoga TT part 1 with Jose, have to buy the Manual (40 €) with anatomical principles. This in preparation for the workshop.
* The manual can be bought separately, for details please contact José
What to bring
- The manual that you received for Anatomy & Yin Yoga Teacher Training Part 1.
- The notes and/or assignments for: functions and cues for the 15 upper body Yin yoga poses.
- Please bring your own yogamat.
- Some easy-to-carry props such as: blanket, blocks, a belt and a pillow or bolster. Consider what you may need during your Yin yoga practice.
- Yin Yoga is a passive form of yoga where we don’t generate much heat through asanas. So keep yourself warm and comfortable, wear layers, warm socks and if you get cold easily you might want to bring a blanket with you.
- Bring a fluid-container that you can close. Open containers with fluids are not allowed in the yogaroom.
To be well prepared for this workshop, it is advisable to study the following:
- The “additional notes” in the manual.
- The muscles of the muscles of the upper body the ‘Walkabout’.
- The movements of the joints. Not only the names of the movements, but also the number of possible movements that each individual joint can make.
- The notes and/or assignment on ‘functions and cues for the 15 upper body Yin yoga poses’. Think of: stretch, compression (wanted/unwanted) and the desired target areas of the poses.
* If you have taken a different Yin Yoga Teacher Training, you will have to look up the muscles that belong to the upper body ‘Walkabout’ – see extra sent ‘Additional Notes’. Also revisit the cues you use for the 15 upper body Yin yoga poses.
After adequate completion of all contact hours (15 hours) and homework assignments (10 hours) you can receive a certificate of 25 hours.
Students who have participated in the 50 hour Anatomy & Yin Yoga TT Part 2 with José, can use these hours to complement their 50-hour certificate. For more information, please contact José
Dates & schedule
3 September 2021: 19:00 – 22:00
4 & 5 September 2021: 09:30 – 17:00
* In the morning and afternoon there will be a 15 minute break.
* From 13.00 -14.00 is lunch.
Price for workshop 2: €210,-
Package price for workshop 1 & 2: €395,-
* Special price for participants of José’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Please contact José
* Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
* There are 25 spots available!
Adjustment Workshop 1: 5 – 7 March 2021
Depending on the participating students, the workshop will be given in English or Dutch.
Information & Registration
To participate in this Adjustment Workshop part 2 for Yin yoga, contact us.
Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
Location & how to get there
3512 XJ UTRECHT
- By train?
Travel to Station Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn, from there it is a 7 minute walk to the location.
- By car?
- Parking garage Vaartsche Rijn (€21 for a whole day), from there it is a 7 minute walk to the location.
- Tolsteegplantsoen (still free parking), from there it is a 12 minute walk to the location.
- P+R Papendorp take bus 29 (direction De Uithof WKZ via Balijelaan) it goes every 30 minutes to Station Vaartsche Rijn (busride lasts 7 minutes), from there it is a 7 minute walk to the location.