with José de Groot
Practice, deepen and improve your adjusting skills and knowledge of how to use props for the lower body Yin yoga poses with this workshop!
During this practical weekend you will have intensive practice of adjusting and using props for the 20 lower body Yin yoga poses.
The weekend’s objective is to deepen and repeat the functions and accompanying cues of the Yin yoga poses with their anatomical principles (muscles, movements and joints of the torso and legs). Why is this so essential? The cues, principles and functions form the basis for teaching Yin yoga classes, and for providing personalised and creative adjustments for your current and/or future students; whose physical abilities will be individual and varied.
On Friday night we will repeat the theoretical anatomical principles and concepts, finishing with a one-hour Yin yoga practice, leaving you well-prepared for the practical weekend ahead. Saturday and Sunday will begin with a one-hour Yin yoga practice, to start your day in a Yin manner, and to recognise the functional descriptions and adjustments of the poses. After a short break we will look at adjustments and prop usage for the 20 lower body Yin yoga poses, both individually as well as in small groups.
- Former Students who would like to further improve and repeat their adjustment skills of the 20 lower body yin poses, as was taught in the first half of the Teacher Training and in the 50-hour or 100-hour Anatomy & Yin Yoga Teacher Training Part 1 with José.
- Yin yoga teachers, who have done their teacher training elsewhere.
- Regular Yin yoga practitioners, who like to gain more insight in how to adjust the poses making their practice more personalised.
Workshop attendees who have not done the Anatomy & Yin Yoga TT part 1 with José, have to buy the Manual (40 €) with anatomical principles and functions of the 20 Yin poses. This in preparation for the workshop.
* The manual can be bought separately – contact us to learn more
What to bring
- The reader that you received for Anatomy & Yin Yoga Teacher Training Part 1.
- The notes and/or assignments for: functions and cues for the 20 lower body Yin yoga poses.
- Please bring your own yogamat.
- Some easy-to-carry props such as: blanket, blocks, a belt and a pillow or bolster. Consider what you may need during your Yin yoga practice.
- Yin Yoga is a passive form of yoga where we don’t generate much heat through asanas. So keep yourself warm and comfortable, wear layers, warm socks and if you get cold easily you might want to bring a blanket with you.
- Bring a fluid-container that you can close. Open containers with fluids are not allowed in the yogaroom.
To be well prepared for this workshop, it is advisable to study the following:
- The “additional notes” in the reader.
- The muscles and the muscle group names of the ‘Torso and Thigh Mandalas’.
- The movements of the joints. Not only the names of the movements, but also the number of possible movements that each individual joint can make.
- The notes and/or assignment on ‘functions and cues for the 20 lower body Yin yoga poses’. Think of: stretch, compression (wanted/unwanted) and the desired target areas of the poses.
* If you have taken a different Yin Yoga Teacher Training, you will have to look up the muscles that belong to the muscle groups of the ‘Torso and Thigh Mandalas’ – see reader. Also revisit the cues you use for the 20 lower body Yin yoga poses.
After adequate completion of all contact hours (15 hours) and homework assignments (10 hours) you can receive a certificate of 25 hours.
Students who have participated in the 50 hour Anatomy & Yin Yoga TT Part 1 with José, can use these hours to complement their 50-hour certificate. For more information, please contact José
Dates & schedule
5 March 2021: 19:00 – 22:00
6 & 7 March 2021: 09:30 – 17:00
* In the morning and afternoon there will be a 15 minute break.
* From 13.00 -14.00 is lunch.
Price for workshop 1: €210,-
Package price for workshop 1 & 2: €395,-
* Special price for participants of José’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Please contact José
* Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
* There are 25 spots available!
Depending on the participating students, the workshop will be given in English or Dutch.
Information & Registration
To participate in this Adjustment Workshop part 1 for Yin yoga, contact us.
Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when transfer is complete.
Food & Drinks
There is tea present and dried fruits or nuts.
You can bring your own lunch or buy lunch in the neighbourhood.
(Note: There is no refrigerator at the location).
- Cuccina Chanti: H.J. Schimmelplein 12 minute walk (Italian food).
- Koffie en Ik, Vleutenseweg 169, 3 minute walk (Sandwiches & delicious treats).
- Albert Heijn, Damstraat, next to the parkeergarage Kop van Lombok, 4 minute walk (Supermarket).
- Café Lombok Eten & Drinken, Vleutenseweg 228, 7 minute walk (Salads & sandwiches).
- Restaurant West, Vleutenseweg 433, 10 minute walk (Salads & sandwiches)
- Zeyn, Jaarbeursplein 4, 12 minute walk (Salads & sandwiches)
- Barbeton, Central Station, 13 minute walk (in the central station, walk up the stairs from the Jaarbeursplein and it’s the first restaurant you see).
School voor Tai Chi Chuan Utrecht (Google maps)
M.P. Lindostraat 4
3532 XE Utrecht
(Note: The location is NOT at the LINDENSTRAAT!!)
From NS-station Utrecht Centraal take exit: Jaarbeurszijde from here it is a 14 minute walk via Croeselaan en Damstraat.
Public paid parking:
- Monday through Saturday 09.00-23.00h paid parking in front of the venue and neighbourhood € 3,47 per hour, maximum rate €28,- per day.
- Only on Sundays: Free parking in front of the venue and neighbourhood.
- Parking garage Kop Van Lombok, 4 minute walk, €2,54 per hour and maximum rate €12,50 per day (this is the best option)
- Parkeerterrein Jaarbeurs P1 (click on link for direction specification), entrance Graadt van Roggenweg, 11 minute walk, maximum rate €14,- per day.
If you don t want to pay for parking you can choose to walk 20 minutes and park your car somewhere behind the crossroads Spinozaweg & Vleutenseweg. Walk towards the studio along the Vleutenseweg.
More information about parking-options via: www.utrecht.nl/parkeren/