Get empowered to practice (and teach) yoga in a healing manner – backed by FUNctional anatomy and somatic experience – in my new 10 part online & interactive series of inspiring ANATOMY TALKS!
In the 15 years that I’ve been teaching yoga, it still surprises me how often yoga is taught and practised completely by the ego-mind. Trying to open the body by forcing it into a certain shape. A method that will always backfire, now or later.
Key in any healing yoga practice is to constantly go back to the question
What do I feel?
What is it that stops me in my pose? Is it tension, or can it be something else? Perhaps it’s something to do with the skeletal variation, or maybe an underlying emotional trauma that blocks the flow?
Once you start feeling yourself into the pose, backed by an understanding of functional anatomy, you can learn how to adjust the pose so you can actually gain all the benefits of practising yoga.
What to Expect in my ‘Feel To Heal’ sessions
In this series we will focus on the 10 major joints of our skeletal system, exploring the unique range of movement of your body through sensation and an investigation of functional anatomy and skeletal variation.
Each 60 minute interactive session will focus on different joints and I will integrate any questions that you provide me with into the session. This makes each session beneficial for your own yoga alignment. If you are a teacher yourself, you can also bring in a case from one of your students. We will explore how to work with the joints through Yin & Yang Asanas in a self-healing and functional manner, fully aligned to your personal needs.
Just because we all have a skeleton, it doesn’t mean that every BODY has the same capabilities. Exploring the capabilities of your unique body and respecting your experience will free you up – and not only physically!
STOP adapting your body to a pose and START adapting the pose to your body. This may mean you’ll look very different from others externally, but you will feel great internally.
Because when you find that posture that fits your body perfectly, then your body feels safe to open, and you start to experience that sensational feeling of free energy running through every part of your body.
This is when your practise actually becomes deeply connected, inspirational and fun!
We are truly blessed with an amazing human body, with so many sensations to feel. Open up to the endless opportunities the body holds for you. Be curious!
Schedule and session details
During class we analyze and discuss both Yin and Yang postures per joint. These session will run from 8pm until 9pm CET.
- Thu, 18th November: wrist & elbow
- Thu, 2nd December: arm & shoulders 1
- Thu, 16th December: arm & shoulder & upper back
- Thu, 13th January 2022: arm & shoulder 2
- Thu, 27th January 2022: toes & ankles
- Thu, 10th February 2022: thigh & knee
- Thu, 24th February 2022: thigh & hips 1
- Thu, 10th March 2022: thigh & hips 2
- Thu, 24th March 2022: lower back & neck
- Thu, 7th April 2022: the body as a whole*
* It all comes together in this final Holistic Anatomy Talk. Here we go into how the body functions as a whole, whether you target the hips, shoulders or wrists. In this class you gain an understanding on how every Asana affects the whole body and how to work with that yourself and in your teachings.
Empower yourself by submitting your personal case
During these series I will work with the questions you provide me with. This makes every talk beneficial for your own yoga alignment. If you are a teacher yourself, you can also bring in a case from one of your students.
You can submit your personal case in advance by dropping me an e-mail. Note: You don’t have to submit a case yourself for these talks to be beneficial for you. You’ll learn a lot about your body just by joining the class.
General set up class
At the start of each session we dive a little into the theoretical aspect of the joint we are focusing on that day. After that we get practical and work with the personal cases of the group, exploring the joint through yin & yang asana’s. At the end there is time for Q&A.
- These 60 minute live Zoom sessions take place on Thursday evenings at 8pm CET
(18 Nov, 2 & 16 Dec, 13 & 27 Jan, 10 & 24 Feb, 10 & 24 Mar, 7 Apr )
- Stand alone classes, so you can join in on the themes relevant for you(r body) or you can purchase the whole series (and receive a discount).
- These series will be given in English
- You will also get lifetime access to the recording of these sessions
A single session is €25
Book all 10 sessions: €200
You also get lifetime access to the recording(s)